Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Else Is Left?



So I've decided to jump back into the 90s for a bit, because honestly, that's the best era in which music captured my attention. I've done posts on 90s Girls and 90s Guys, and listed some of the groups that I felt helped shape 90s music into what we know and love today. Well today, I am going to focus on one of my favorite songs from the group Dru Hill.



This song came from their sophomore album "Enter the Dru" and instantly, the second CD became a hit just like the first one. Following their formula of starting out upbeat, and ending on a very slow note, this one was no different. This song instantly caught my attention, and I loved it from that moment on. The first reason being that because Sisqo wasn't the FIRST and ONLY person singing a verse.

I honestly think that Nokio held his own on this song. I know a lot of people didn't think that he could actually sing, because he never does, but I guess you learn something new every day. The song itself speaks volumes....exactly what DO you when you can't do anymore...or when you THINK you can't do anymore?

What are we gonna do?
What are we gonna say?
Where are we gonna go?
When they find out...

3 comments:

  1. OH YES . . . that is all I can say right now . . . FLASHBACKS!! Goodness . . . Dru Hill was good back in the day . . why did they really drop off??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favorite by them as well!

    ReplyDelete