Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Shot Ya!



One thing we don't see much of anymore is a group collaboration where EVERYONE on the track is spittin the bangin lyrics. Here is one of my favorite ones from the 90s, where all the folks are bustin out the "hawt fiyah". lol.



Around this time, LL Cool J was starting to take another route toward a more lovey dovey, "softer" James Todd Smith; gone are the days when folks used to "forget Oreos and eat Cool J cookies". But here, LL showed everyone that not only did he not lose that side of him, but he could hold his own on a track full of stars. Keith Murray introduced this track with a bang, and Prodigy followed right up behind him with another tight verse. Fat Joe, as always, brought the heat, but even the Madame of the Firm, Foxy Brown, showed the men that this was no longer "a man's world". LL ended it with the same energy as the rest of em.

Kudos folks on this. A lot of songs only do 2-3 people at a time, and not all of them are cohesive with each other. I think a lot of folks don't realize cohesion is the biggest part of any group collabo, and if the crew isn't cohesive, then the song is gonna fail. Here's another one that is a bangin remix: starting off with Young Jeezy and followed by more nice flows:



DJ Khaled couldn't have picked a better group (well I probably wouldn't have chosen Rick Ross, but even he brought it.) Can't even front...this is probably one of the most bangin group collabos this millenium.

We need more songs like this...if folks can bring it like this at least 85% of the time, then music can still stand a chance! Don't tear down your desk/office listening to this. I can't be held accountable. :-D

5 comments:

  1. i cant speak on the I'm So Hood mess.. but I Shot Ya was FIRE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Keith Murray... like... a lot.

    I miss the days when female rappers didn't have to have a gimmick. They talked about the same stuff as their male counterparts and weren't obsessed with talking about how whorish they could be... *shrug* I miss this old Foxy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is So Hood Remix is that FIRE...even Birdman, held his own...LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  4. See....FINALLY, someone who feels me. That I'm So Hood remix BANGS! Like EVERYONE set it owt for that one; including Rick Ross lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. that damn SO HOOD remix makes my head nod er'time i hear it!!!! GOES HARD AS HELL

    ReplyDelete