Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So Let's Crawl



OK...in light of all that's been happening with Mr. Brown, I still think that he produced a damn good cd. Unfortunately, what happened between he and Rihanna put a damper on the selling ability of the cd, but that's not why he's the featured artist on today's blog.



This song right here...I think he really put his whole heart and soul into it (and I could be safe to say that the whole cd is a myriad of feelings toward and about his relationship with Rihanna). But this song is one that instantly caught the ear and mind...at first it was just because it sounded good, but as I listened more and more to it, the words started to pop out at me.

So where do we go from here
With all the fear in our eyes?
And where can love take us now?
We've been so far down, we can still touch the sky

If we crawl 'til we can walk again
Then we'll run until we're strong enough to jump
Then we'll fly until there is no wind


Yeah, this right here, shows that a man can make a mistake and can own up to it. Not only that, but he wants to right what wrong he committed. I think that if he and Rih had actually tried, they could have made it back to where they were before the beating incident happened. Even if they decided not to make it work, I think this song still applies to them, in the fact that they could still be friends after it was all said and done.

C. Breezy, I feel you on this song...I've been there before, and it's not a good look in the direct aftermath of all that happened. But if you and Rih can get back to good terms, then all of the purpose of this song will be fulfilled. Good luck to ya Son.

So let's crawl, crawl, crawl
Back to love, yeah

5 comments:

  1. You know I absolutely *heart* this song. It's my favorite on "Graffiti". It's a shame that this CD really didn't go anywhere though.

    Crawl back to love....amen Young Breezy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. iConcur . . .

    Another good song on the album is Track 11 (can't remember the name). He's pretty much saying the world tore him down, and he had to still live his life, as painful as it was. Love his honesty on this Album

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so sorry for Chris Brown...I know I will probably get the side-eye of death for it...cause as a woman...a black woman at that...I'm suppose to hate this child. who is about 2 years older than my child.

    Did he do wrong hell damn yes he did...but look into his past....is that an excuse...in a round about way...yes it is...

    I truly hope he can rise above all of this...

    I am no fan of Rihanna and to be honest...I question this whole sitch...just based on her behavior...in my personal opinion she used this sitch to promote her wack ass CD...

    as for this song...it is really a beautiful song and I'm not a big fan of this "type" of music...but I do think Chris Brown is a very talented young man....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris Brown must have an amazing team of writers... that song has raw emotion in the lyrics and his vocals. I don't know that he could have said that message any better.

    Many times in relationships of all types, we feel like we've fallen from grace, or that we can only go up because we've fallen so far out of favor. I think that it shows real humility for him to bare his soul in the most plain of words, asking for the essential permission just to begin again. Reducing it to baby steps and offering the opportunity to CRAWL is a really humbling process. Sometimes its the fear of giving love another chance that stifles our growth within some relationships.

    I don't really have an opinion in the case between him and Rihanna, and I REALLY don't care for her as an artist or an entertainer. I really hope that people give his album a chance, because it IS a quality piece of] work -- from the first song to the last. [Track 7 (Take My Time) is my current favorite on the album.]

    Random: I got a little hot and bothered by him clenching his jaw @2:12... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this song is on point in so many ways! very mature lyrics for him! my favorite along with Take My Time....

    ReplyDelete