Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snowy Days



As I sit here looking out the window at the snow (for the 23789329703 time this year), I think about music that I'd listen to if I was sittin there with that special someone. Sometimes, music is all that's needed in order to get the mood right and tight. And here's one song that I definitely would have playing (and maybe more than once):



This is, has, and always will be my favorite Luther song. True enough, it's talkin about creepin around, but that withstanding, it's the perfect song to play while sittin in front of a fire with the boo, while drinkin some hot chocolate with Bailey's (or Henny #dontjudgeme). lol. Really, he's promoting steppin out on the one you're with to be with the one you're diggin, but let's be real, how many of us have done (or even thought) about doing the same thing. Especially when it seems that the grass is greener on the other side.

In reality, he's tellin her that he's willin to be her "one night stand", and that it'll be worth it to hold her for one night. (she must got that good stuff...lol)

Your eyes say things I'll never hear from you
And my knees are shakin too
But I'm willin, willin, too go through

I must be crazy
Standin in this place,
But I'm feelin your disgrace
For askin


Hey...you both know what it is. It's just a one time thing (which might turn into something more in the future), but for right now, all you wanna do is:

Let me hold you tight
If only for one night
Lemme keep you near
To ease away your fears
It would be so nice
If only for one night...

1 comment:

  1. When you are young, you don't understand the subtle nuances of a song. But listening to it now takes me to another place.

    Good post as always sir

    ReplyDelete