Friday, February 5, 2010

All Night Long





I must say...this was one of my favorite songs by the First Lady of Bad Boy, Faith Evans. I always get into an upbeat jam that'll make me nod my head to the beat, and this is what it did. Low key, I always felt like taking a trip to the roller skating rink and doin a couple of laps around the rink for old times sakes. LOL. I think what really attracted me to this song is that you don't really hear much upbeat music from Faith, so when I heard this one, it instantly caught my ear...

Another song that I love from her is this one right here:



Actually, I think this is my favorite song of hers...with All Night Long coming in a close second, both hailing from her "Keep the Faith" cd. I think that the pairing of her and 112 really hit the mark. Don't get me wrong, she's done some really great work with other people, but this song right here, will (and already has) go on the playlist that gets rotated while we groovin. (Keepin it PC...this is a family oriented site people..lol).

This song right here used to knock...and actually it still does:



featuring an up and coming Carl Thomas, this song is one that goes on the chill playlist. I was feelin this song the moment it came out, and the beat goes HARD. For real though...it's too bad Carl didn't blow up like he should have. But then again, he was a product of Bad Boy...so what were we supposed to expect? lol

And although I wasn't the biggest fan of her 2005 album:



This was one of the few silver linings that saved that CD from being a total flop to me. I wasn't really impressed with it, because it seemed that she tried to be too "hip" and the features of Mario Winans, they DEFINITELY could kept. But for some reason, I really liked this song. It kinda had a "lounge club" feel to it. Like I need to be sittin in a darkened club with a glass of Henny at my table and just kinda noddin my head to the beat while she serenades the entire room. LOL

Faith, we're waiting for another cd to drop from you. We need some good R&B to touch our ears once again, and I think that you're the just the lady to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I must agree with you on Carmel kisses . . that takes me waaaaaay back. That was during the era when Bay Boys were actually producing some hits . . Puff might want to go back to then to see what isn't working now.

    Faith has a unique voice. I liked her from the jump but she hasn't aligned herself with some decent writers here lately . . but I have FAITH . . that she will come out and wow us again . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Faith Evans, even the 2005 CD, particularly the tracks, Mesmerize and Cathing Feelings.

    ReplyDelete