Monday, January 4, 2010

I just wanna be....successful





OK...first of all, I want to say Happy New Year to all those who are reading this. This is a new year, new decade, alla that good jazz...and of course that means a new beginning of sorts. Many New Years resolutions will be made in the minds and out the mouths of people, but many people will (or maybe won't) be able to keep them. I know for sure, that the end result for these resolutions is to be successful; which is the reason why the first song of the new year for Music Hits the Spot is the above featured.

Now honestly, I wouldn't have expected a collabo between Trey Songz and Drake to be as hot as it is. But as always, a bangin beat would catch the attention when otherwise it would have gotten a real evil side eye when mentioned. Real talk, Drake brought a real flow to this song, at least IMHO. It gives me a feel of the old school music that once attracted me to hip-hop in the first place. I could see this on the soundtrack of one of the hood gangsta movies that we used to watch back in the day.

Now I'm not really the biggest Drake fan (or even Trey Songz for that matter :-P), but I'm a big fan of this duo on this song. Who's to say that they can't do it again...I don't believe it, but as for right now, I'm content with saying that this is up there on my top list of favorite collaborations. Drake brings a flow to this song that I believe is a personal testimony of sorts, which makes this song that much more likeable.

Yeah, I want things to go my way
But as of late, alot of shit been going sideways


Who's to say that you haven't had this type of day...or month...or even year. I know 2009 wasn't the best for me, and I'm praying that 2010 will bring more than what '09 did.

I want the money...money and the cars.
Cars and the clothes....I suppose
I just wanna be....I just wanna be
SUCCESSFUL


Maybe you don't want that same exact thing that Drizzy and Trey want...but in the end, don't we all want the same result: to be successful?

I know I do.

3 comments:

  1. I was late to discover Drake. Not as late as some people but that was on of the first songs I had on repeat earlier in 2009marisa joy
    . Its a good song, and a great album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love this song but its soooo played out now. The radio killed it, literally. You should check some of Drake's mixtapes because he and Trey have done a few collabos together before this one. I loved this song, but I can't click the link. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the song and the video, but really can't listen to it because V103 slathered it all over the ATL airwaves. I may have to get a hold of Drake's mixtapes because I would love to hear more collabos between Drizzy and Tremaine.

    ReplyDelete