Thursday, January 28, 2010

You the ONE!



Today's post is gonna be a bit more upbeat than previous ones...simply because things are looking much more up. Today, I'm gonna take it back to the A, where the Dirty South has been known to get a party up and jumpin. I know that I'm not the only one who gets up and gets krunk when they here this song:



This is the ghetto man's anthem to tell his boo how much he diggin her. Low key, this is a hot song featuring T.I. and of course, Jazzy Pha gone produce a hawt tune to put this to. How many of you women who've heard this song "put your finger in the air cus you the one"? lol. It's okay, I won't tell anybody about it. lol.

Here's another one of my favorites by Cee-lo:



See, this is where my Dirty South roots come out. Cus I be up here, and folks be givin me the :-\ look when I hear this in the club and instantly wild out. LOL. It's okay though, cus these folks should be reppin since Timbo droppin sounds and lyrics in the song and he from the two up/two down. Honestly, this is runnin a SERIOUSLY close second to The One.

Here is another slept on joint from Cee-lo:



This one is featuring another ATLien by the name of Luda. Of course you know that just about anything that Luda touches turns to gold...lol (but no, really..lol). This beat is really silly, but of course, if you know Cee-lo, then you know he's really about being silly, and I really don't think that Luda has any sense either. But I think it's a good song just to listen to and wild out to.

And the final one isn't upbeat at all, but this joint is real off the hook:



Folks don't know about this song....but if you smoke, you'd want this as your anthem. (#dontjudgeme...I don't even smoke..lol). But on the real though, if you want some jus chill music, where you can just lay back and enjoy the scenery, then this would be it for you. No words (for real), but the tune will do all the work that you need it to do.

Cee-lo is definitely an underrated artist. He be on some real ish, although sometimes it gets lost up in the mix of the music...and he's still one of the real artists left from back in the day up to now.

4 comments:

  1. I've loved every odd thing that Cee-Lo has created, especially a relatively unknokwn song called "Art Of Noise". It doesn't have the typical funk feel, but its right up there w/ "Closet Freak" & "Under The Influence" for me. He opened the door for a lot of these indie/alternative/rap/hiphop artists in terms of being accepted even though they aren't swimming w/ the stream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cee-Lo has always been the BUSINESS. "The One" and "I'll be Around" are my two favorites by him.

    I'm ready for him to do another CD like YESTERDAY...but I think he's still touring with Goodie MOB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't discover Cee-Lo until the Aquemini Album and Liberation (my favorite song of all time of ever in life) then on Beautiful Skin because a Frat told me the song reminded him of me.

    But since then, Cee-Lo and I have a Love/Hate Relationship. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM in Gnarles Barkley. Love his Solo Work, but something about his work with Goodie Mob doesn't sit right with me.

    Don't Judge Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on GOODIE MOB...get back in the studio! I am not sure exactly how ATL went from this to "Crunk" (let alone "Trap") music; but this right here, was the HEAT back in the late '90s/ early '00s.

    I blew a many spliff to "Bass Head Jazz"...dont judge me!

    ReplyDelete