Thursday, January 7, 2010

You must be used to me Spendin



"on all that sweet winin' and dinin'
But I'm fuckin you tonite"


I actually got this idea reading another post from my homegirl Reecie (check her out yall..she got tastes like mine...you'll enjoy hers if you enjoy mine). In her post, she was discussing Ashanti, and I posted that my favorite song of hers is the Unfoolish remix (the one where Biggie spits his flow from "Fuckin You Tonite"). As I was writing that, I decided to put it on the iPod, which made me remember that this song is definitely my favorite from all of the bangers that he ever produced. (hey I know...but don't judge me dammit!)



One of many hits that featured someone else (this time being that musical genius mastermind R. Kelly), this song talks about straight get it in and out. He wasn't tryin to wife her up, he wasn't tryin to boo her up, and he definitely wasn't buy the bank out to get the draws. Fellas, I know we've all done this before. It's not that she's NOT worth it, but in the end, the reality is that we're just tryin to beat it and roll out. This is one of the original "aight Girl, you know what we here to do....now let's get on with the get on" type songs.

I like it when we truly parlayin
No love makin
Strictly back breakin
Cease know all his hoes go to my do'
Then they go to his floor
to fuck some more
So no, caviar, sharp bar, uh uh
Strictly sex that's sweaty and left over spaghetti
I know you used to slow CD's and Don P's
But tonight its eight tracks and six-packs while I hit that


Straight pimpin....and I bet that line worked on at LEAST one girl. lol. I guess after Biggie died, R decided to press on with the fame that this song got, and did a remake/remix of sorts with it. It wasn't as good as the original (but very few are IMO...another post for another time), but it still had some sort of bump to it, simply because he decided to keep the same style and beat to his version. Peep it out:



It's not atop my faves, but I'll give it one thumb up...simply because it's a tribute to the fallen BIG.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Preciate the shout out! I actually had never heard the second song before. so you put me on! yeah not as good as the original, but not bad.

    ReplyDelete