Friday, December 11, 2009

We Must be in Love



This post is actually dedicated to one of my B.L.A.C.K. brothers who is gettin married this weekend (congrats M. Moore...do it big homie!). As he and I had a conversation about the whole marriage deal, it made me think, which songs would define my wedding? Now I know that there are PLENTY o songs out there that could convert as wedding songs, but I believe that wedding music should be specific to the couple that's getting married.



Now I know that I'd have to compromise some things, because my tastes aren't going to always directly line up with my wife's; but there are some songs that are MUSTS in my wedding. Now everything is not going to be all slow dances, and tearjerkers. But these songs are those that I would recommend in ANY wedding (now the reception..thats' a whole different post right there.

In my opinion, music for the wedding should fit the occasion at hand. A serious moment where you and your bride (or groom) to be are about to join as one under the eyes of God. Me personally, I don't think that coming down the aisle to some uptempo beat (insert any of the millions on deck) should be incorporated into your ceremony. You may get a few side eyes from the guests, and definitely the evil eye from the mothers. lol. Not a good way to start off relations with your new in-laws. LOL

But below are some songs that I would love to have in my wedding (if I ever have one...I'm still prayin on that one. lol)

Boyz II Men - I Do: This song is definitely a wedding song. I mean, if you listen to the lyrics, they pretty much give you the vows to say. LOL

Kenny Lattimore - For You: Classic wedding song. If you really love this woman, then this song will show everyone through song.

Jaheim - Forever: A nice ghetto swing to it...but still appropriate for all age limits.

Intro - Ribbon in the Sky: Now I know folx will not feel me on this one, but guess what, I think that Intro's version was better than Stevie's. *shrugs*

Beyoncè & Luther - The Closer I Get to You: Now I tried to get away from Luther, since we all know that the majority of his slow ballads were wedding/baby makers lmao, but hey, we gotta give the man props when props are due.

Brian McKnight - Never Felt This Way: This here...coupled with a beautiful bride, will have not a DRY EYE in the building if played while she's walking down the aisle. Alicia Keys did a wonderful version of this song as well, but only as an interlude.

and even this one:

will work out what you want to say to her, especially if you can't figure out the right words for her. Just listen to Jesse....he can give you some pointers (as long as you don't plaigarize his song).

The way you walk
the way you talk
the way you say my name, your smile
The way you move,
the way you soothe me
the way you sing softly through the night
Every morning you rise
and open your eyes
I just wanna be with you baby
I just wanna be yours
From this day forth.

2 comments:

  1. The Song for my possible wedding (if such a thing is allowed to happen) is Eric Benet and Tamia -- Spend My Life. That song is off the business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could stab you for putting Luther & Beyonce's version of the Closer I Get To You on this list.. pure blasphemy..lol

    ReplyDelete