Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WTF? You Mean that's ALL?!

OK...I'm sittin here listenin to music on the iPod and it hit me as to what I want to post about today. In a previous post Another Level, I mentioned about "My Paradise" from Blackstreet's second album, Another Level. The song is hella tight...and I wish that it wasn't just an interlude, but you gotta take it for what it is.



Now I know we all have songs that we bump from different cds that as soon as you start to get all the way into it, it cuts off. This isht irritates the snot outta me because I know I feel like they shoulda put a little more time into the track and made it more than just 2 mins or a minute and a half. It irritates me the most when I'm sangin along to the track, and just as you all into it, the joint is DUN!

But you know what though, I'm thinkin that it took them quite some time to put that together, and to make greatness out of the short amount of time the song is playing, so for that, I can't knock their hustle. But dammit, I need some more time outta these joints besides the 4 seconds that they give you in between the intro music and it fading to the next song. Sometimes, they just do it for a little humor in the cd. I enjoy those too...

I'm sure yall can feel me on this one right? But I guess the interlude will never fade away because most times it can be a great album filler. Here are some great interludes from over the years:

112 - Q, Mike Slim, Daron: from their Part III CD. One of the best in the game. OneTweezy did it with this one.

Dr. Dre - $20 Sack Pyramid This was one of the most ignant interludes to date, but it STILL is off the chains!

Alicia Keys - Never Felt This Way A great rendition of the original by Brian McKnight, but I'm not sure as to why she cut the song in half. lol

TLC - Sexy Interlude This one had me crackin up the first time I heard it. Maybe it was cus I was 13 at the time. LOL

2 comments:

  1. yeah 112 had the BEST interludes. and is that TLC joint the one with Puffy on the phone and ends with the toilet flushing? if so, that one always made me laugh too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was it...I listened to it while I was typing this and started crackin up here at work. lol

    ReplyDelete