Thursday, October 15, 2009

Holler If Ya Hear Me!

This morning's post is gonna be dedicated to one of the more known rappers. Mr. Tupac Amaru Shakur. Pac def had a sick flow wit it...some think that he was a bit overrated with it, but IMO, he didn't have a lot of bells and whistles to his flow. He just told it how it was. It's a shame that he had to die the way he did. I think that he was one of those who could have made his legacy greater than what it was.



No More Pain, from the All Eyez on Me release, was one of those tracks that had the lyrics to keep you intrigued in it, but also had a sick beat with it...from the creative brain of Mr. Devonte Swing (from Jodeci). Wasn't too fast, but still gave you the chance to nod your head while bumpin in the whip. He had just joined wit Dr. Dre at Death Row, and now he was a member of the "West Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!"




What's all you niggaz das jealous
Pull your gun out and blast
I tell them niggas to open fire
I murder dat ass and disappear before the cops come runnin
My glock spittin rounds niggas fallin down clutchin their stomachs
It's WEST SIDE Death Row
Thug niggaz on the rise
Bustas shot me 5 times
REAL niggas don't die


If you think about it...he just gave a shout out (sort of) to Biggie and his crew and the beef that's goin on at the time between Biggie and Pac. I think besides the gang wars, that was the biggest most publicized beef ever. But eh...

Brenda's Got a Baby: I know we all remember this track. Made the country aware of teen pregnancy.

Outlaw: Not a highly publicized song, but it still got madd play in the whip when Me Against the World came out.

Dear Mama: How many of you had this as the ringtone for your Moms on your cell phone at some point? lol

Hail Mary: From the last bangin Pac CD Makaveli...after that, it all went downhill

I Get Around: The first "playeristic" song...back when Pac was still kickin it with the Digital Underground. LOL

Hit Em Up: This was Pac's rebuttal to Biggie's attack at him. He came real raw and uncut with it. Personally, I think Pac took it with this one.

I know I left a lot of good Pac songs off the list, but feel free to add your faves to the list.

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't as big of a Tupac fan, but one of my favorite tracks by him was "Ambitionz as a Ridah". The beat was SUPER sick.

    Now I Get Around is the party anthem...absolutely loved that track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brenda's Got a Baby will always be my favorite Tupac song. I will just add "I Wonder If Heaven Got a Ghetto" and "I Ain't Mad at Cha".

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you going to leave off California Love with Dre??? But I must agree . . . I ain't mad at cha was the ISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cause it got on my nerves after while, and I couldn't listen to it anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did go down after Hail Mary...lol

    Life Goes On is one of my favorite Pac joints..

    ReplyDelete