Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bug a Boos



Have you ever had that one person, that you told to leave you be (no matter why the reason), but they can't seem to get it out of their heads that you don't want to be bothered? I know that Dave Hollister did, and he told the world in his first single dropped as a solo artist "My Favorite Girl"



Dave had just left the group Blackstreet to pursue his own career as a solo artist. He dropped his first CD named "Ghetto Hymns", and he definitely established himself with this track.

The girl he's singin about can't get him off her mind. The problem is that he's moved on, and that he's not tryin to deal with her anymore. The even bigger problem is that she's not letting him go anywhere, even when he is tryin his damnest to get away. She shows her serious stalker side in these words:

"Leave me alone....
callin me and hangin up cus wife is home
How'd you get my number in the first place?
The shit ain't even listed under my name!"


I seriously believe Dave was singin about someone that was stalkin him for real in this song. And if he ain't...then someone who is currently goin through is feelin him. But then again, that entire CD was full of real life situations and themes that those from the hood (and otherwise) could deal with. Even when you tell her this, if she don't get it through her head then you might have "a thin line between love and hate" on your hands...lol

You callin me and ya tellin
cause you wantin me
and you needin me
cause you lonely
and you can't see
how I can be
with another B-I-T-C-H
and that she could never be
my wifey
Why can't you see
it wasn't meant for
you and me to be?


Yikes!

5 comments:

  1. love this song. it even starts crazy "whats wrong with your shady ass.." LMAO. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something about him i can't get with BUT i like this song and think it is funny as hayle!!

    I had someone send me a text one time (long time ago)... "you don't want me to call ol boy do you" LMAO

    This song reminds me of his crazy ass! I had been done left his behind alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my JAWN back in the day. I hope that I don't have someone stalk me like that because thats just not the business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this song...but Dave had a scrub moment. How come the phone wasn't listed under his name? Bad credit? Was it under his momma's name?

    *jokey*

    ReplyDelete