Monday, December 7, 2009

Dirty Diana



Tonight's post is goin out to the one who was one of very few people who EARNED his "King" title. This man seemed to get more fans each and every decade, and probably the ONLY person who got more fans once he passed away. I'm not sure how he did it, but then again, Mike was always the man. This post is about one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson: Dirty Diana.



This song always gets me krunk whenever I play it. The fact that Mike was so serious about not gettin with this girl who smashed all the celebrity homies made it that much more believing. I mean, the fact that he KNEW she smashed the homies, and still beat it....trips me out. But I'm jus sayin...sometimes it beez like dat. We fall prey, even though we know we ain't sposed to.

But this beat tho....goes HARD. The guitar is the best part about this song. It is matchin the emotion that MJ is puttin into this beat for beat, note for note. But clearly MJ takes it home with these words:

Diana walked up to me
she said "I'm all yours tonite"
and then I ran to the phone
sayin "Baby I'm alright,
But unlock the door,
cus I forgot the key"
She said "he's not comin back
because he's sleepin WIT ME!"


Dirty Diana.....she was a bad broad; nobody could resist her....not even MJ.

1 comment:

  1. *please note* this is one of my Fav MJ records. When I was younger I didn't get it. But the beat still went so hard. It's on my workout playlist no lie

    ReplyDelete