Monday, November 23, 2009

Spiritual Uplift



For the many times I've fallen,
yet YOU forgave me...
thank you...Lord I thank you
For unmerited favor,
and your brand new mercies
thank you...how I thank you




In the spirit of Thanksgiving, you always have to have a reason to be thankful for. Whether it be because you're alive; it could be for you having a family to go to; or just not succumbing to whatever was ailing you at that point in your life. I believe that the song above will cover all of that. Right now, no matter what you're going through in your life, there is always a spiritual song, that will help to uplift you.

Now those of you reading this blog, know that I'm a man of religion. And with that being said, I realized that I haven't made a religious post yet, and I wanted to fix that error. Especially since these songs that I'm about to list really get me through some hard times.

Now here is where I'm about to get personal for a second. This hasn't been a good year for me or my family, and some of you know this, but thanks to these songs, my faith hasn't fallen completely by the wayside. I know that nobody's life will be perfect, and that's including mine, but even with knowing that, I felt like Satan was really tryin to beat me down. But hey, with music like this, it's hard NOT to believe that one day, you will see the rainbow past the rain.


Marvin Sapp: Perfect Peace - When it all just seems to come at you...

Kirk Franklin: Brokenhearted - For when you're feeling down.

Donald Lawrence: Encourage Yourself - A reason why you shouldn't give up...and the best encouragement should come from yourself.

Kurt Carr: God Blocked It - If it seems like nobody cares, there's always ONE.

Greg O'Quin: I Told the Storm - Claim it moved in the Name.

Smokie Norful: Still Say Thank You - In spite of it all, you still have a reason

Dewayne Woods: Let Go, Let God - You can't do it alone....trust me, I've tried that route.

Byron Cage: Broken but Healed - You may be down, but you're not out.

Shekinah Glory Ministry: Yes - The only answer when God asks you a question.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man D . . you already know I am feeling you. I have got to add Bishop Larry Trotter - My Worship is for Real. The lyrics are so true along with all the other songs you have listed. Oh and I got to throw in the old school hymnal - The Blood (It's like page 90 or 91 in the red song book with the gold cross - yeah don't play!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know this post is RIGHT up my alley...especially since my choir TEARS DOWN RS's "Thank You". Might I also suggest that you get into Benita Washington's "Thank You".

    Let me also suggest Rev. Milton Brunson...old school gospel...one song in particular "Safe In His Arms". Almost took myself out on 285 listening to that song.

    Oh yeah, WHERE IS RICKY DILLARD'S "THE PROMISE"? Persecuted, but not forsaken...cast down, but not destroyed!

    Good post Numba!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh DANG!!! How coulda I forgotten THOSE TWO?! Especially Safe in His Arms! Good one chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post D.. Shekinah Glory's Jesus get me there too.

    He'll Take the Pain Away- Gods Property got me through a rough patch back in college.

    Robin- Milton Brunson's Safe in His Arms is EVERY SINGLE THING.. I only need his version

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song Yes changed my life....its the religious version of Outkast's Liberation. Every time I hear it I think, am I doing all that is required of me? Awesome Blog

    ReplyDelete