Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Hidden Gem





Understand I can never be your man
Though I can understand that you ready for a family
On the other hand, I love to see your ass
But you contaminated so you need to find a plan B


OK...so many people know, I wasn't the biggest fan of Wale's last CD: Attention Deficit (which will be another post in itself), but I will admit, that it had some bangers on it. Unfortunately, my favorite song on the cd, was the one that never made it TO the CD. That's right, this cut that's being featured today is Beast, the track that was in the running toward becoming a track on Attention Deficit, but for whatever reason, Wale decided to cut it from the CD.

Beast was produced by 9th Wonder, and I'm not sure what it was that caused him not to include this one, but I swear, this was one of the best tracks produced for that album. The beat had you flowin before you realized it, and Wale was droppin that real truth with the lyrics. Not to say that he didn't do that with other tracks that actually made the cut, but I'm jus sayin...there was always somethin that kept me from feelin those like I'm feelin this one (with the exception of maybe 2-3).

All in all, I feel like this cut woulda brought the grade of A.D. up. This is one of those cuts that you can put in the ride, let the windows down, and just let it bump while you roll down the street. Being where I am right now, I'm sure everyone would be bumpin it right along with it. Wale brought it with this cut. I honestly believe that he redeemed himself...although he shot himself back in the foot for not including this on the CD.

I say check this out, and Wale, if you readin this, don't be leavin off the dope tracks from the next CD!

3 comments:

  1. I like the track. When Mel posted it the other day on twitter I couldnt give it my full attention and was kinda distracted-thus it just being eh to me. but I really dig it now.(Attention Deficit would be a perfect title for my CD if I made music too) but I agree it shouldve been on the CD. his collabos with 9th are some of my favorites which is why I LOVED the Back to the Feature mixtape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree, its a great song. Attention Deficit is EXACTLY what I thought it would be, and even though this song would've been a meaningful addition, it wouldn't have flowed. I think that for the purposes of keeping continuity in the tracklist, it was smart to keep it off... The same goes for his iTunes bonus cut "My Sweetie" (also known as the official immigrant anthem)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a dope song with a dope concept. It would have nestled well as a bonus track but I don't see it being apart of the album's consistency. It flows well as it is. As far as AD goes it has become an instant favorite. In this stagnant state of music the content of his album is highly courageous. Most artists as well as companies would not have risked promoting certain tracks. I know you're not a fan of "90210" but you have to admit, the brotha was courageous to have put that and "Diary" on his mainstream debut. The album is top notch in my book.

    ReplyDelete