Thursday, November 19, 2009

I've Got a Real Thing...



Here by my side....someone who needs me..holdin me tight.



Very powerful words by the (then) unknown singer who would capture our hearts with her very first single from an album that wasn't even hers. To this day, not many can say truthfully that she didn't make her mark with this song. Not to mention, it didn't hurt that this track was done by the great Quincy Jones. I mean, seriously, there aren't many tracks that one can say that Q did that wasn't bangers.

"You Put a Move on My Heart" (from the Q's Jook Joint compilation) is one of those songs that you play when you're in the deepest of love with someone (or a strong like even..lol). If ya wanna tell someone how you feel, just drop this track on em. I bet you'll get ya point across.

"And these special feelings
won't ever fade
Cause I knew from the start....

YOU put a move on my.....heart"

7 comments:

  1. Tamia KILLED IT with this song.
    Period.
    End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just stick with... I like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamia is a true gem... this song totally solidified her as a force to be reckoned with. It's a shame she doesn't get the press/push that she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one singing heffa! I adore her voice true, raw power. She has so many damn songs (didn't say hits cause i think she is under rated) that are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to peep the original version by Mica Paris from 1993
    Its a tad more soulful than Tamia overproduced version of it....but both did an incredible job on the song

    ReplyDelete
  6. A LOT of people slept on that album. This song is the hotness - and it for sure put Tamia on the map . . but not a very far one though . . . love the song! LOL

    Nash8ville

    ReplyDelete