Monday, May 17, 2010

I Am Dust



it's just another day
another episode
of hiding under the world
it's just another ray
of merciful hope


Have you ever felt like it's just another day...same wake up, do your normal mundane routine, and go to bed? Is it because your live is just that boring....or is it because of something else? Well according to Van Hunt...it's because he's goin crazy. It's something that he's become acclimated to.




Van Hunt is one of those people who is really a sleeper musician. He's got the style like Lenny Kravitz, but he makes it his own with his music. While many people know about Lenny, he's one of those people whose songs are sittin right under your nose, and you don't hear what he's talking about. He's definitely talkin about some real life stuff in his music.

I'm already insane
I'm already in pain
I'm already insane
I am dust blown away over the edge


Here is another one of life's little wonders:



We always see the big things that happen to us, but do we take the time to look around and look at the little things around us that bring us joy? I know me being a simple man, I do...but that's because it's so easy to make me happy. Shoot, just being able to laugh at the little things is what keeps me sane and not ready to slit someone else's wrists (well I do wanna do that sometimes...but don't judge me lol). I think he describes what I'm talkin about best here:

I hold on to the feeling
I don't know when I will feel it again
I've become amused by the little things
Seconds of pleasure


And finally...you can't mention Van Hunt without this song here. I think this is what made me start listening to his music on a constant basis:



This song is real deep...he's sayin that it's the pain he goes through makes it all worth it to be with her. You can't be in a real relationship unless you are goin through the lows as well as the highs with that person. I agree with him, because if the relationship is perfect, then 9 times outta 10, your relationship is boring. If it's boring, then it's gone have you lookin elsewhere for excitement. He's ready to go to Hell to love her while in Heaven. That's real right there...real deep. I think we all could get into that type of love. I know I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment