Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Not Meant....



To live alone...
Turn this house into a home...


Today has been quite a day today. We lost 2 great people, from different cultures albeit, but great in their own right nonetheless. Today, we lost Dr. Dorothy I. Height, president Emeritus of the National Council for Negro Women and member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and also we lost Keith Elam known as G.U.R.U., 1/2 of the hip hop duo GangStarr. Both of these people inspired many people, and will be known for the work they did, as well as the lives they touched.

What people don't realize in the midst of this tragedy, is that another great legend was born. Luther Ronzoni Vandross was born on this day in 1951, and while he is no longer in the land of the living, I am dedicating today's post to a life that was great, instead of mourning the dead. And because of such, I want to post 2 of my other favorite songs by Luther (because I already did one...click here to see which one.)



This is the epitome of an I'm missing you song. I mean, if you sift through the words that he's using, you'll see that he's telling her that he misses her in the worst way. The items in the house are just items...but they come alive whenever she's there. That's real love right there...cause the house is cold and empty until she brings her love in and warms it up.

Next up is a song completely the opposite of the first one I just posted. Instead of them being together in real life, this relationship is "in his head".



This one is a classic "Fatal Attraction" song. He's fallen in love with a voice from the radio, and he's now imagined that she's equally in love with him as well. *smh* I'm not sure who/what did that too him, but can't you just see him standing outside her window, or in her bedroom while she sleeps?! LOL. I guess when she sings that "one song" so sweetly, that it's hard not to run up on it. I can't say I would, but hey...it is what it is.

These two songs right here (plus the one I already blogged about) are always in my rotation, and will stay in there. Mr. Vandross, you are added to the list of singers who influenced the game, and touched many people's hearts and ears through your gift of song. So on this day, I wish you a happy birthday, and hope that you're celebrating it with those gone on before you in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment