Friday, April 2, 2010

Are We Living in a Dream World?



Are your eyes still green girl?
I know your sick and tired of arguing
But you can't keep it bottled in


Yeah I know I haven't blogged in some time, but it's been a busy month of March...you know with me celebrating my 30th birthday, and all the odds and ends in between. I haven't had time to properly have some alone time with my blog. Well that's all ended, and I got ideas flowing out the ears that I want to put down on paper (well electronic paper..lol).

Today's post is about the beginning and end of a relationship. I've already done in betweens and what it's like when we want to express our feelings to our ladies. But today's artist is one who gave me a song about falling in love with someone, and in the next breath, it's all goin to shambles in a fiery death. Honestly, I'm sure all my readers can feel me on this one. What's even more funny is that these are my two favorite songs by Mr. Common (Sense). The first one:



This song always gives me hope that there can (and will be) someone for everyone. Even though you've had to go up the rough side of the mountain in order to get to that person, once you've gotten to him/her, then it's all gravy. You can tell that person that they can leave the past behind on this present day, because it's me + you = the future. These words just let you know right here:

Put down your bags love
I know in the past love
Has been sort of hard in you
But I see the God in you
I just want to nurture it
Though this love may hurt a bit
We dealing wit this water love
You even give my daughter love
I want to build a tribe wit you
Protect and provide for you
Truth is I can't hide from you
The pimp in me
May have to die with you


Now once you and said significant other have established that relationship, then all is well for the rest of eternity right? Not quite. We all know that this ain't the old days, when relationships stood the test of time. These days, you're lucky to see 5 years in the game. This song talks about that other end of the relationship game:



I dig this song because he describes the afterthoughts of a breakup....you know that you should be done with this person, but I mean hey, sometimes it's not that easy to let go. I mean, if you were that involved with that person, you may never let go of that person, even though you know that in order to progress forward....I recommend this to those who have been there with that significant other, that you just can't seem to let go of.

Even though Common got turned out by Erykah Badu, he still can produce a good cd. I just hope he gets his act together and gets back into CDs like Finding Forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm, you already know how I feel about this blog. LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Well Stated per usual!

    ReplyDelete