Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'll Be Obliged



If you step outside
Because my ride is awaitin


Now everyone knows that I'm from Tennessee BORN AND RAISED, and while we're not known for much on the rap/hip-hop tip, we did have a few to make it out the hood and onto the vinyl/plastic. Memphis, known as 1-town, produced great legends 8Ball & MJG, and because of them, we have the everlasting pimptacular song:



When this dropped in '95, this was all that bumped in the great state of Tennessee. Not to mention that it was being featured on all of the top rap/hip-hop video shows (not like 106th and Park, but real ones like Rap City). Another one is



I'd drop this one onto the "songs I want my girl to give me a show to" list. (See here for that). I'm sure she'd get mad tips from me...and yeah I'd break her off some money for it too. lol

And of course, you know I can't forget about Grammy award winning Three 6 Mafia. See they were a sleeper group, and a lot of folks didn't know about them before they blew up. They were hawt in the TN streets since the early 90s when they had the not so nice image...but they still had a sick flow. To me, it actually kinda rivaled Bone Thugs' flow, such as in this song.



And of course, I can't forget the TN collaboration...one that still gets me hype whenever I hear it (which is whenever I want because it's on the iPod):



Here we have a super bangin collabo with Three 6 (Memphis), 8Ball and MJG (Memphis), and Young Buck (Nashville). All 3 verses are one that just keep the game lit up, not to mention that this beat is off the chains. Even though this dropped back in 2005, I bet you can still bump this in the South and it'll get folks madd hype. Matter fact, I still got this song on a "Get Krunk" playlist because of this verse right here:

MJ finna sprinkle in some of that,
super incredible, have a nigga runnin back
Where that nigga with the hood sticky number at?
Cuttin up a cigarillo like a lumber jack
In the mornin, when I need this and breath again a whole lotta weed but uh
I'm needin somebody to give me what I need
when I want nothin less then the best of the trees
DJ Paul and Juicy J, Eightball and MJG
And Young Buck we don't give a fuck we must represent this Tennessee
We drink a whole lot of Hennessy
Nigga got a lil hair on his chest
Do me like Bill Clinton girl, take it out ya mouth
we'll shoot it right down on your dress


And that my friends ends the tour into the musical styles of Tennessee...I hope you've enjoyed your tour and please...come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment