Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I'm Listening To



I can say that the end of 2010 into the beginning of 2011 has started off on the good foot as far as music is concerned. There have been some good albums to have been dropped in the last 6 months, as well as some bad ones, but the ones that I consider as good have been on serious rotation. I know I'm not gonna touch on them all, but I wanted to at least touch on a few of them that are getting mad play on the iPod.

Starting off with a group that I didn't expect to wow me like they did.


I gotta admit, I was late on gettin with The Foreign Exchange. I had heard them before while working PT at Express, but I didn't know who they were, until last year (or maybe '09) when a couple of homies (shout out to Mels and Reecie) put me onto their second cd, Leave It All Behind. So once I peeped that out, I was instantly a fan...and now in hearing their 3rd joint, Authenticity, it has definitely made me a fan for life. My favorite from this project is the title track.




Moving onto a perennial favorite, I actually did a post last year about him here, so but that cd is so tight, that I had to include it again.


Ne-Yo does very little wrong in my book as far as music is concerned. Granted it can be a little pop-ish at times, but he continues to put out a solid cd, and at project #4, we know that music can get to be a little lacking and/or repetitive. That's one thing that I can say about him, his music is always refreshing.




Of course, the cd that the world was waiting for....


This half of the fire power group Floetry finally dropped her long awaited cd after 3239873490270 months of waiting, and it was worth every moment. Marsha definitely came out the gate with the bangers...and before you know it, you was in love with her the singer, not just her as part of the group. She brought back what it meant for good music, not just some randomness hollering over a bangin track. That lady got some classics on her cd, but this one has been speaking to me lately:




Mr. Cool himself, Lupe Fiasco is up next


This cd wasn't as hot as past projects to me, but this song right here makes it onto the playlists.


Lupe rhyming over a hot beat is what drew me to this...not to mention he's doing what he does best, spittin rhymes of consciousness. Be aware while noddin your head.

Of course, I couldn't finish this post without including Mr. Beat Her Up himself...


This dude can't stay out of the news for somethin or the other, but this song here can't stay off my iPod. It's just as hot as the other one I posted about here:



There were a few tracks on this cd of pop influenced cd that were head nod worthy...this definitely one of them. Congrats to Mr. Brown though for his first #1 cd...guess all that publicity helped him out eh?

I know I've left some off...shout out what music is flowing through your ears!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait till you listen to Kelly Price new cd! It drops next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to give these albums a spin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite Tracks:

    Maybe She'll Dream of Me

    One in a Million

    Sour Times

    (haven't heard all of Lupe)

    (haven't heard all of CB, but I like you, LOVE Look at Me Now)

    ReplyDelete