Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ever Had the Feeling

So this is a cd that's been on the rotation for a few days now....people knew that Marsha was gonna bring out a banger, but I don't think that many people understood just how good this cd was gonna be. The song below is one that's one of my personal favorites.



I love it because it has an old school Michael Jackson feel. I know that she and Michael have done some collaborations over the years, so I'm not surprised that she would do a track like this. But it makes me feel like Mike is still alive and well, and music is still good. I know there are others on the cd that should (and probably would) be favorites to others over this song, but it's just something about this song that makes the world alright with me.

The lyrics themselves aren't inviting. She's lamenting over a lost love...one that she wasn't ready for to leave. The words she speaks are the truth tho:

cause your don't love me anymore..
tell me why'd you go away....
I would give you anything..
it is you that I adore...
please baby..baby take my hand...
and I would show you the way...


I'm sure we've all been there before...may not have said it, but we know the feeling. If not, then someday, you'll see what she's talkin about.

Just as an aside, here is another song that she wrote for Michael, and it was a banger too (glad he did it, cause her version of this same song doesn't move me at ALL lol)

3 comments:

  1. Love it and I am not just saying it because you are my Sweets either! Marsha has been speaking to me all week! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to say is one of my favorites as well. And it is exactly because of the MJ influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Marsha, we all know you wrote Butterflies, but could you please stop singing it? The only version I wanna hear is MJ's.

    Otherwise, I like this CD a lot; outside, of the tragedy that is Hope She Cheats on You. I hate, hate, hate that song.

    That is all.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete