Thursday, June 3, 2010

You Want my Love



And you can't deny it...
You know it's true..but you try to hide it




This has always been one of my FAVORITE Earth Wind & Fire songs. The Elements (as I like to call them), always just jammed with it, and anyone who knows me (or even anyone who's read this blog) know I love a song that I can bob my head to. But honestly, it's hard to have just ONE favorite EWF song...because they made music that spans not only the 70s/80s when it first came out, but it seems to span across all decades, and especially across all (well most) generations. I can remember listenin to this music with my moms, as we'd be cleaning up the house, and she would put on her EWF albums. (Which I always loved...cause the other cleaning music was Isaac Hayes..*smh*).

My other two favorite songs are these right here:



Fantasy...always made me want to go on a magic carpet ride #nooutkast. (my true hip hop heads will know what I'm talkin bout..lol)

And those who know Mr. Philip Bailey, know him for this song:



Now be real with me folks? How many of you tried to hit those high notes that Philip used to hit in this song? Maybe not in public...maybe in the shower, or when you knew you were home alone. LOL

D'Angelo did a good cover of this song as well. Peep it out.



It's just too bad that his background singers are THEE worst. I don't understand how he couldn't hear that during rehearsals. LOL.

Have a good day readers and leave your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment