Thursday, June 24, 2010

Well Lemme Roll Me a Mic



And let me smoke it til' I'm high
If you ever seen me rock than you know that I
Live and die for the things I do slang I use
Breakin' down mics and destroyin' crews.




Now I know that this is gonna get some #sideeyes because people weren't really feeling Kris Kross by the time that Young, Rich, and Dangerous came on the scene. Everyone knew that KK was on their last leg in the game, but they were here to show you that they weren't done just yet...matter of fact, they showin folks that they were back and on their grown up game.

Live and Die for Hip Hop was a banger out the gate. The beat produced by Jermaine Dupri (in his prime) brought in the song on a hype beat, and combined with Da Brat and Aaliyah, it had folks jockin them and respectin them once again.

I still like this song and bump it regularly. Granted, YRD wasn't their best cd...but this song was a hot track though. Even Jermaine had a bangin ending to the song...how you know it's off the chains. LOL.

Can't knock them for leaving the game on a high note...

No comments:

Post a Comment