Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Passion and Desire



Come See Me



After going to the Jill Scott/Maxwell concert on Friday, listening to Jill sing this song live made me want to revisit it. Now I can't even put it down. I must say that this is one of the more sexy songs that I've heard put it down....and to hear it live was PHENOMINAL. Seriously, this song makes me wanna give it to her...while she was singin it.

Then she came right behind that singing this song.



Now I must admit, I didn't realize how much of a sexual cd this Vol 3 was. After hearing her singing these two songs...she made me go back and revisit it. Jill def did her thing on this cd.

But it's something within me that will always love original Jill.

"Who is Jill Scott"? That was the question that we all wanted to know.

One of my favorites from that cd was this right here:



This is CLASSIC Jill...when she sang about food and sex...and how sex made her want food...and food reminded her of sex.

She wants her dude to show her that he loves her instead of just saying the words. Honestly, it's interesting, becus I was having this conversation with someone not too long ago.

But nothing will ever....and I mean EVER top this song (although Come See Me is up there now). This will always be my #1 song by Jilly from Philly.




So what says you...which one do you prefer? Classic Jill or Sexy Jill.

9 comments:

  1. I don't think that it's fair to have a preference, at least it isn't for me. I love all sides of her....

    But I must admit, when I heard Crown Royale, I was like YESSSSSSS mama! That song right there? *drops mic*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... this is a hard one but after the live performances I'd go with sexy Jill. There's a certain "air" (as in a look or outward appearance, or an artificial or affected manner) about her that just exudes sexiness without being lewd. It's one of those apparent "lady in the streets... but a freak in the bed(room)" attitudes.

    I think that's a part of what makes her so beautiful. You can feel the words she's singing and like you said it makes you just want to give it to who you're with. I know it did with me.

    Oh and I STILL think Crown Royal should have been an entire song and not a 1.5 minute tease.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer the sexy, more sensual Jill. As a self-proclaimed "big girl", society doesn't really visualize a woman of her size as "sexy". I'm glad she changed it up on Vol 3 to show everyone that thick sistas have a few moves of their own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like all sides of her too. Not Like Crazy is just a FLAT OUT BANGER

    I actually love her more spiritual/soft side.. songs like My Petition, Comes to the Light(Everything), Easy Conversation and A Long Walk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was introduced to "Crown Royal" at the end of the year and I have loved it ever since. If you haven't checked out her LIVE in Paris you most definitely should. Personally, I enjoy "both" Jills ,but it's something about the sexual side that really sets the mood right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. please listen to Epiphany!!! Jill is very sexual she has been since the 1st cd... One of the reasons i love her she is not afraid to express her sexuallity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay DMitch, you know how I feel about Jill, so excuse me if i become verbose.

    In reference to Crown Royal . . . there is an extended version, and it's heaven to my ears. It's on the Deluxe Edition of Vol 3, it's called the Imagination Suite. IT's AMAZING.

    As a Big Girl, I so enjoy her sensuality. Even when using overtly terminology, she manages to make it seem so classy, something a FinerWoman might say/do/express.

    The beauty of Jill is her ability to voice the thoughts of millions, even though it seems so personal to each person who hears her. I feel like i have grown up with her, and as I became a more sensual person, I understood myself through that album. Half that album is on the "Get It In" playlist!

    PS Jill Scott Live is such a magical thing, I can't wait until i can experience it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. classic Jill is sexy Jill. There are no deviations in my mind. Huge fan, I've seen her live before, would love to go again...she's "the real thing...in stereo!"

    I need to hear this extended Crown Royal...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes yes yes and more yes! How u could forgot this masterpiece, I'll never know! Jill Scott has been a revolutionary artist since He Loves Me. Her mind tick tocks differently from her peers and it shows. Her emotions flood her songs and pour out unto the people who hear it. I'm getting real excited for her next album which I hear is dropping soon! So you're forgiven for forgetting by posting this! lol

    ReplyDelete