Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Give Good Love



I'll buy your clothes
I'll cook your dinner too
Soon as I get home from work




This is a throwback from back in the day. Back when R&B was off the chains, when you such talent like New Edition, Tony, Toni, Ton&e, and Luther Vandross was riding the airwaves. This was the type of music that was played on the Quiet Storm after 9. (How many of yall remember this? lol). Babyface was the king of making the woman feel like she was worth a pot of gold. This was one of my favorites from him.

Another one was this one right here:



This was a classic breakup song. People who fell in love, and over time....it just ended. I'm sure it's happened to all of us (or have seen it happen to people before).



For the Cool in You was one of those that just made you listen...and nod you head when you wanted a chill type song, not too fast, but not too slow. Shades on, and you showin "The Cool" in you.



This was one of the songs that brought about domestic abuse at a time when people didn't really stand up for it. Something that made people think about an issue that was slowly on the rise in the country.

And there were a couple of songs that featured Babyface that will always get play on my iPod:



Madonna....my all time favorite song by her. Babyface wrote and even sang this song with her. They made a GREAT duo in this one.



Not too many people knew about this song...and the fact that Babyface wrote and featured in this one came as a shock to many.

Babyface is one that is timeless. From the 80s even up to now, his music will never grow old to those that can appreciate a good R&B song.

3 comments:

  1. That Tender Lover album was nothing but hits... Given a Chance and Sunshine got much play..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. Have you heard his new song, "I Need a Love Song" if kinda old school sounding and new school too. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could an angel break my heart is one of my absolute favorites by Toni Braxton. Take a Bow is a favorite by Madonna as well.

    ReplyDelete