Friday, July 30, 2010

You're the Blood in my Veins



You're the air I breathe
On a hot summer day you're like a shirt with no sleeve




This is a deep song right here...full of power about the one you love. This song has been in my brain for a minute now, and I've been wanting to blog about it...so here it goes. I'm sure my readers know this song, but if not, then enjoy it.

Angie and Calvin...this is real. Why? Because they were dating when they recorded it...so I know at least ONE of them meant it. LOL

Now, here is the kicker: rumor is that when they broke up, Angie got mad and recorded this same song with Joe. How scandalous is that?!

But here is the other version...let's see which one you guys like better.



Leave your thoughts readers...be easy!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I remember us having this discussion. I'ma have to say the version w/ Calvin goes a bit "harder" than the one with Brian. It's almost if the song doesn't pop because it was recorded in spite. Neither of them sound as good as they could have... either way, lyrically this song is beautiful. The chorus says a lot about the way you love someone. It's as if the message is, I can live without you I just don't want to because I can't reach my full potential It's like them being attached to each other makes them "better"... more than a man/woman.

    "You're the blood in my veins or the air I breathe, on a hot summer day your like a shirt with no sleeves, What makes me a man, any fool could see,You're more than a woman to me.

    Girl if you take that back, there would be no cure,I would sail there forever, like a ship with no shore What makes me a man, any fool can see, you're more than a woman to me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean Joe... I think I typed Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the version Calvin was much better... there is also a version with just Angie singing too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother, the version with Calving is better for the simple fact that for some reason I don't like Joe. Plus, I heard the one with Calvin first so the second seems like a knockoff. Either way, its a wonderful song. I might have to use that in SCTM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew they were dating?! She's dated some really interesting and talented men! Go Angie.

    In regards to the versions, I'm rolling with Calvin simply because it's the original and the one that made me say "that" is what I want. I think she's under-rateed and so is he. I have both of their albums and love them both.

    ReplyDelete