Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Farewell to My Fallen Brother



Lately, I've been feeling some kinda way about life in general...and although I have been receiving a lot of blessings as of late, something was keeping me down. Yesterday was especially bad, because I woke up just knowing that it was gonna be "one of those days", where I knew I was about to be in a bad mood. Then it hit me:



Today is my deceased brother's birthday. I'm not sure many of my readers knew I had an older brother, much less a deceased older brother. Well yep..I do. He passed away almost 13 years ago to an alcohol related accident. Although many years have passed, I still feel some type of pain whenever two specific dates come around: 1.) his birthday and 2.) the date he died.

Now I didn't write this post to gain any sympathy from my readers...but I always tell people that blogging/writing is very therapeutic for me, and that I always feel better after doing so. Also, I was told today that my blogging was missed, and that I needed to make that happen again. Not to mention, that I think this song appropriate in showing how I feel to my readers. I'm sure that we've all lost someone special to us in life, and at that time, you just didn't know how to say goodbye to them. To me, it's just as hard down the line to say that word, as it is fresh after that infamous day. I just look at it this way though...he knows what's goin on as I believe that he's looking down upon me right now...watching my every move.

Just as a bonus, I'm posting a song that was really popular around the time that he passed...I know. Don't judge me. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Nice post (I'll ignore that second video..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on Twitter, I completely understand. As long as you are acknowledging your feelings, and dealing with them you are on the right track. I struggle with this and the loss of my nephew, and I recently blogged about it. Different direction, but both dealt with the emotions tied to it.

    http://preciousmomentsbytmt.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-miss-yourip-dmario-moreland.html

    I respect your honesty, and appreciate the your being open to sharing. I'm sure it's helping someone.

    ReplyDelete